HOW TO INCREASE THE RAM OF MY PC
This article teaches you HOW TO INCREASE THE RAM OF A PC with a step by step procedures. RAM (Random Access Memory) is the hardware in a computing device where the operating system (OS), application programs and data in current use are kept so they can be quickly reached by the device’s processor. RAM is the main memory in a computer, and it is much faster to read from and write to than other kinds of storage, such as a hard disk drive (HDD), solid-state drive (SSD) or optical drive.
check: iPhone XS Full Specification, Details, Release Date, Price in USA,UK, Canada, France, Nigeria, Germany
BENEFITS 0F INCREASING A RAM (HOW TO INCREASE THE RAM OF A PC)
1. Avoid Computer Slowdowns
Computers may experience significant slowdowns when running a larger number of high-memory programs. If all RAM space has been used when trying to open programs, the computer resorts to using virtual memory on the hard drive, which slows the computer down quite a bit. The additional memory means that the computer doesn’t have to resort to using the hard drive for memory upgrading memory eliminates this problem; the extra memory becomes allocated to the opening of several programs at the same time. Multitaskers benefit from a memory upgrade because more memory means more programs can be run at one time
2. More than one Program Availability (how to increase the RAM of a Pc
In many cases, certain programs require a set amount of memory in order for the program to run properly. A computer is able to run programs that it may have been ineligible to run previously once the memory is upgraded.
3. Faster Browsing
More RAM is available, making browsing faster. Surfing the Internet after a memory upgrade tends to be noticeably faster than before the upgrade. In addition to web pages opening faster, a memory upgrade can also make flash content open faster Web browsers load faster after a memory upgrade, This is because the computer is using the hard drive’s memory when it can’t find RAM space to store data; post-upgrade, regardless of Internet connection speed..
4. Enhanced network
Computers connected to a network can observe a boost in network capabilities after a RAM upgrade. This extends to networks sharing a printer. People that print a lot of items, especially items with graphics, can look to a memory upgrade to make printing faster.
5. Better and improved Gaming (how to increase the RAM of a Pc)
Computers with higher memory installed have better 3D rendering capabilities than those with a minimal amount of RAM. Images in a game become cleaner and brighter with a memory upgrade In addition to faster gameplay with fewer jerky movements, a RAM upgrade benefits the visuals of a game as well. Computer users who are fond of gaming benefit from additional memory in several different ways. Games run more smoothly without slower response times.
STEPS BY STEPS PROCEDURE (HOW TO INCREASE THE RAM OF A PC)
A. FIRST PROCEDURE
- Know your system’s model information.
This simply means you need to know the manufacturer’s name of your computer, the model number, and the type of computer. Finding this information the following steps arerequired:
- Click the Start button, and then type SupportAssist in the search box.
- In the list of search results, under Programs, click SupportAssist to open it. If SupportAssist is not listed in the search results, it means the application is not installed on your computer.
- Your product model is displayed on the main screen of the application.
2. Open the Crucial Memory Advisor website.
In your browser. This website will give you the accurate report on whether or not your RAM can be upgraded, as well as the amount and type of RAM you can use if an upgrade is possible.
3. Look for your computer model.
- Click on select manufacturer box, then click your computer’s manufacturer’s name (e.g., dell).
- Click the select product line box, and then click your computer’s product name (e.g., Encore).
- Click the select model box, then click your computer’s model number.
Review the results. (how to increase the RAM of a Pc)
Maximum RAM – In the upper-left side of the page, you’ll see a “Maximum Memory: # GB” section. The number here is the maximum amount of RAM that you can install.
Type of RAM – Below the “Compatible Memory” heading near the top of the page, you’ll see one of the following types of RAM listed in the title of a RAM product: SDRAM, DDR, or RDRAM.
Speed of ram – You’ll see a number to the right of the RAM type. This is the supported speed for your computer, don’t deviate from this number.
After knowing the type of RAM, the maximum amount that you can install, and the speed that you’ll need for your computer, you can purchase your RAM from online store (e.g., aliexpress).
Then install, unless you are having difficulty installing it, and if that is the case, meet someone in tech. department
B. SECOND PROCEDURE (HOW TO INCREASE THE RAM OF A PC)
Here’s another method of installing system ram
- Turn off your computer.
- Open Start, click Power, and click shut down
- Wait until your computer to stop making noise before proceeding.
- Unplug any cables or other attachments. This includes the power cable, any USB attachments, Ethernet cables, and so on.
2. Open the laptop’s bottom panel
- Some laptops have a panel specifically for RAM, while others require you to remove the entire bottom from the laptop. Refer to your laptop’s manual or online documentation for specific instructions on how to handle this.
3. Remove the original(the ram that came with the pc) RAM cards
- Since most laptops only have two RAM slots, you’ll most likely have to remove the old RAM. To do so, look for a lever or a button to press, or gently tug the RAM cards away from their slots if no button is present.
4. Remove the new RAM cards from their protective bag
- Make sure that you only touch the RAM cards along the side edges so that you don’t get oil, dirt, or skin particles on the contacts or circuitry.
5. install your new RAM.
- Line the new card up with the notch in the RAM socket, then firmly press the card in and down (if necessary) so that it lies flat. Repeat this process for the other RAM card if applicable.
- Unlike desktop RAM, laptop RAM doesn’t always need to be installed as a matching pair, though it does need to have consistent speed.
5. Replace the bottom panel, then turn on your laptop
- You can check that your operating system is recognizing your RAM by pressing ⊞ Win+Pause to open the System Properties window; you should see your RAM listed next to the “Physical Memory” heading.
Hope you enjoyed this post. So feel free If you have any question use the comment box below. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook and also share to family and friends. Thanks for visiting and do come back for more info and updates.